Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Spiraling: Drowning in the chaos
I can hardly function sometimes with all the junk running around in my head. I feel as though a thousand thoughts are all running around fighting for my attention. Some are about school: things to study, exam coming up, friends I've met, conflict, drama the usual school life. Others are about money: I should get a job and stop mooching off my parents, where will I get money for my Masters, my PhD, I don't want to have loans....and still others take the form of characters from my stories. Each character becoming a voice in my head trying to get me to finish his or her story. The constant noise keeps me up at night sometimes. There are times when the unimportant voices overpower everything else and I become forgetful....all the important things suddenly don't seem so important anymore. And when I finally realize what I have been overlooking, it's like I start to spiral out of control. I start to worry, about anything, and everything. My worries have worries....and I can't stop. Each new worry produces its own concerns, like what if I can't do anything to fix this worry....what if I'll never be able to fix it. It;s terrifying to feel so out of control of your own thoughts. Like there is someone else thinking through everything for me, and they just push all their worries on me leaving me with nothing to focus on but the worry. But this other person is ME, so I get done what needs to be done and I move on to new worries. Yet still things get put away on the back burner to be fretted over and worried about later. Like finishing my book, egged on by the voices constantly clamoring for my attention. Or getting a boyfriend, starting a family as I so desperately want to at times, because I'm too lazy to put in an effort and there is so much else I'm worried about. Constantly worrying, spiraling out of control, lost in a sea of tasks and desperately helplessly trying to find a way out. Out of my own head, out of my body just for a day, an hour.....just to find some peace before the chaos once again comes crashing down. It's terrible....horrible....and yet.....it's my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment