Saturday, May 24, 2014

To Those Who Wait

It seems like it has been forever since I last said anything here. Granted much has happened, and yet I didn't feel like there was anything to say. I am at the point in my life when everything is looked at through eyes trying to gauge the future. If I take these classes, what will my degree eventually be? If I take this job, what will my resume say about me? If I fall in love with this man, will I end up happy? Some people go through this stage earlier in life, some later.

Good things come to those who wait.....I have never been very good at waiting. Unless it was for a very good reason (waiting for my favorite show to come on once a week, or waiting for the next installment of a wonderful book to come out) I have hated waiting. When I wait I grow anxious. When I grow anxious I start to plot, to make plans to relive my anxiety. This usually only makes it worse, but the cycle continues. Lately though, I have learned that waiting without plotting can have great outcomes.

......This post has no point it seems, only to say that I am still learning important lessons about life. I will continue to do so until the day that I die, but it is nice to acknowledge the universe once in a while and say "Hey, I get what you are trying to say. Thanks."


No comments:

Post a Comment