Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Unconditional Love

You know that feeling you get when you look at a baby for the first time? Whether is be a baby from your flesh or a cousin, or an adopted child you know the feeling. That warm fuzziness that just swells up inside you until you just know that you love that child? That is unconditional love. Unconditional Love is that love that keeps bringing you back to the person who has hurt you; emotionally or physically; in the past. That love is the love that makes you put aside your own wants and needs in favor of their own. Unconditional Love is that love that parents have for their children, that women get for their first real love, that men sometimes experience for their first car. [you know that one they bought with their OWN money]

I sometimes feel as if love can be overrated, and yet as I look down into the smiling face of my 7 month cousin I find myself full of love. As I dream about the children I may one day have with an unknown man, I feel filled with love. As I listen to my brother ramble to his computer friends...I find myself filled with love. Love can hurt if its not reciprocated and yet it can be your greatest strength. Unconditional Love is the strongest love in the world, and I can't wait to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment